- MakeWay is a national charity that builds partnerships and solutions to help nature and communities thrive together. MakeWay provides operational support, governance, and charitable expertise for changemakers. FCN-RCN is a project on MakeWay’s shared platform.
- Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security works across civil society and the public and private sectors to reduce food insecurity by 50% by 2030. Maple Leaf Centre is a founding funder of FCN-RCN, providing $150,000 each year for the first three years to assist in establishing the network.
- Mitacs is a national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for 20 years. Mitacs is currently supporting FCN-RCN by sponsoring part of the salary of the Network Coordinator and providing professional development support.
- SSHRC Insight Grant led by Lakehead University, supports research to identify effective, innovative and collaborative approaches to food governance for building healthy, equitable, and sustainable food systems. FCN-RCN is a key community partner.
- SSHRC Partnership Engagement Grant led by Saint Paul University is providing student support for research projects, in particular on the Food Communities Solutions project.
Food Communities Network | Réseau Communautés nourricières | 2021